When it comes to your car, you may be unaware of any helpful car tips and tricks. Instead of wasting your time searching on google, we have created a list of helpful tips and tricks that may come in handy next time you find yourself in a pickle.
- Take a penny and insert it into your tire’s tread groove. If you can see Honest Abe’s head you are below the recommended depth, which means it’s time to buy new tires before you get into real trouble.
- De-ice with Vinegar and Water. Use a vinegar and water mixture to melt ice the efficient way.
- KNOW WHICH SIDE YOUR GAS TANK IS ON: The little arrow on the gas gauge points to what side the tank is on
- Use toothpaste to clean your headlights: Using a rag and some water to rinse of afterwards, simply scrub down your headlights with toothpaste and watch the grime come right off.
- Use floor mats to help give your tires traction when stuck in mud or snow.
- Use nail polish to temporarily seal chips in windshield
- Clean your air vents out with a foam brush.
- Rubbing your key or door handle with a squirt of hand sanitizer will have the same effect. The alcohol in the hand sanitizer will melt the ice and shortly allow you to unlock your car.
- Tiny dents can also be a problem, attracting dirt, dust and debris and also often encourage rust growth. Often times you can remove tiny dings and dents with a plunger. When pulled back, the suction of the plunger also pulls the dented part of the panel forward and back into place.
- RENEW AND REFRESH YOUR WINDSHIELD WIPERS WITH ALCOHOL. No, we’re not suggesting that your wipers take shots, but clean windshield wipers are a must to avoid streaks and scratches on your windshield. Cleaning your wipers with a little rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth is a cheap, but effective way to keep them in great shape.
- Clean up dust and debris with play-dough
- Did you know? Putting your car remote under your chin will increase its range! The trick turns your head into an antenna and extend the key’s wireless range by a few car lengths.
- Learn how to locate and change your air filter. Remember knowledge is power.
- Tie up your phone.Thread a rubber band through your air conditioner vent for a makeshift phone holder.
- Shower caddies are a simple solution to keeping meals in place during a bumpy ride, which is especially helpful with kids.
- Remove a registration sticker. Whether it’s an oil change reminder or a registration sticker, the goo they leave behind is irritating at best. Grab a newspaper and put warm water on it, place it over the registration sticker for approximately 10 minutes, and the sticker residue will be gone.
- For those who own narrow garages, try out this life hack: attach a foam strip along the wall. This will reduce the risk of scratching the car doors when getting in and out of your automobile.
- Cool a car down instantly without turning on the A/C. Roll down one window, and open and close the door on the other side five to six times. The hot air escapes through the door you’re opening and closing, while the cool air enters through the window on the other side. What’s great about this trick is that you’re not wasting any gas by blasting the A/C.
These helpful tips have helped many car owners get out of pickle, and now hopefully they will help you!