If the idea of having an anxiety-free 340 mile driving range wasn’t electrifying enough – it’s just been announced that the first 1000 owners of the 2014 Cadillac ELR will also get a free charging station courtesy of General Motors.
While the Cadillac ELR is a luxury coupe that blends dramatic design with industry leading extended range technology to deliver a driving experience that is both sporty and environmentally friendly – at the end of the day, you’ll want to charge your ELR at home to make the most out of it’s extended range capabilities.
In an effort to make the ownership experience easy on the first 1,000 Cadillac ELR customers nationwide – General Motors is footing the bill for installation of a 240V Bosch Home Charging Station at your residence.
About The 2014 Cadillac ELR
The Cadillac ELR, then known as the Converj Concept, made it’s debut in 2009 at the Detroit Auto Show. Stunningly, the Converj is one of the few concept cars to actually make it in to production mostly unaltered from it’s original conceptual form.
Last year the Cadillac ELR made it’s official debut at the 2013 North American International Auto Show, where it won the prestigious Eyes on Design Award for best production vehicle.
Here are a few of the features that make the ELR a unique vehicle:
- Light-emitting diode (LED) headlamps, daytime running lamps and taillamps, as well as signature front and rear lighting elements
- Twenty-inch wheels paired with tires designed to balance responsive handling and a comfortable ride with efficiency
- Interior design featuring cut-and-sewn accented leather incorporating sueded microfiber, chrome, wood and available carbon fiber finishes throughout
- Cadillac CUE with Navigation is standard. CUE is Cadillac’s breakthrough system for connectivity and control, using Natural Voice Recognition, capacitive touch and hand gestures used on smart phones and tablets
- Programmable charging schedules and energy efficiency reports available online and through smartphone notification charging alerts
- Cadillac’s advanced active safety features, including Safety Alert Seat, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning, along with available Side Blind Zone Alert with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and full-speed-range adaptive cruise control
- Advanced chassis and suspension systems, including HiPer Strut front suspension, compound-crank with Watts link rear suspension and Continuous Damping Control, which adjusts damping every two milliseconds for optimal ride and handling in all conditions
- Standard premium Bose 10-channel audio system with active noise cancellation.
Today, the 2014 Cadillac ELR is available to lease or purchase at LaFontaine Cadillac in Highland, Michigan.
If you’d like to set up a VIP Appointment to see the 2014 Cadillac ELR for yourself, simply give us a call at (877) 404-1156 or schedule online.
What do you think of the 2014 Cadillac ELR and the free home charging station? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. Thanks!