LaFontaine Automotive Group celebrates Earth Day all year long. Consisting of 16 retail locations across Southeast Michigan, four of LaFontaine’s locations are national leaders in their environmental efforts and are LEED certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
What does it mean to go green?
“Going green” means to pursue knowledge and practices that can lead to more environmentally friendly and ecologically responsible decisions and lifestyles, which can help protect the environment and sustain its natural resources for current and future generations.”
“We believe it is our priority to bring green initiatives to our group and strive to be an environmental leader in our community,” said Ryan LaFontaine, COO, LaFontaine Automotive Group. “We’ve realized how important ‘going green’ is for the health and well-being of our community, and that ties in with our mission statement; giving back to our community.”
The LaFontaine Automotive group is dedicated to protecting the environment and promoting the green movement. Our organization has developed four LEED certified dealerships throughout the Metro Detroit area.
- Gold LEED Certified at LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC of Highland
- Gold LEED Certified at LaFontaine Ford of Birch Run
- Silver LEED Certified at LaFontaine Chevrolet of Dexter
- Silver LEED Certified at LaFontaine Volkswagen of Dearborn
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
LEED is based on prerequisites and credits that a project meets to achieve a certification level: certified, Silver, Gold and Platinum. LEED works for all buildings anywhere.
The LEED Certification is one of the most recognizable environmental achievements an organization can earn. This means our buildings are constructed using the most environmentally friendly materials and engineering designs. Learn more about our Green Movement and LEED Certified Dealerships.
According to the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), “Green building is the practice of designing, constructing and operating buildings to maximize occupant health and productivity, use fewer resources, reduce waste and negative environmental impacts, and decrease life cycle costs.”
Knowing that buildings can have a substantial impact on the health and wellbeing of people and the planet, it has been important to our company to consider this before our next grand opening of a store, our next remodel, or our next additions. Our Cadillac Buick GMC location, also known as our “Green” store has been a pioneer of the incorporation of eco-friendly factors into the production and upkeep of the store. Leading by example, this store has been an influence to our other locations, such as our Gold-LEED certified Ford store in Birch Run, our Silver-LEED certified stores in Dexter (LaFontaine Chevrolet) and in Dearborn (LaFontaine Volkswagen).
Additional awards earned:
- Green Building Council’s Gold Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Certification for primary dealership. (First and only car dealership in the country with this standard) – 2008
- Business of the Year: Relocated a small Ford dealership from downtown Frankenmuth to Birch Run’s key business district off of I-75. We since then have developed 18 acres with Ford’s only Gold LEED certified, environmentally green dealership in the country.
- Ryan LaFontaine has been a National Green Summit Speaker/Board Member
- GM Green Dealer Certification recognition 2015-2018
“Going green isn’t just the best way to go. It’s the ONLY way to go.”– Ryan LaFontaine COO