Welcome week is soon approaching and that means college students are going to be packing up and hitting the road to head back to school. We know your car is not the first thing on your checklist to pack, but it’s important to make sure that your car is at 100% before you make your journey. We don’t want you to be late to the first Friday night party of the semester because of unnecessary car troubles.
To avoid these car troubles we have created a checklist for you before you head off to college. It is key to make sure you car will be there for you when you need it the most.
- Start with an inspection
- Check and change/refill essential fluids
- Test and clean the car’s battery
- Inspect all five tires. Yes, all five. You don’t want to forget the spare!
- Have your parents, or someone who is familiar, give you a quick crash course on car care
- Change a flat tire
- Check the oil level
- Jump-start a dead battery
- Check and refill tire pressure
- Brakes should be inspected
In general, you’ll enjoy better peace of mind knowing you car is 100% ready to go. To ensure that, LaFontaine Automotive Group has Certified Professional Auto Technicians to take a look at your car before heading back to school. Click here to schedule your appointment for service.